Whew ! Finally my internet is working alright. Just as I was eager to start my morning by writing my blog I found out my wifi's not working. Well now that its fixed I am back to writing today's post.
I had requested some other book to be purchased from India when one of my husband's business associate sent this book along. He said that its a book that he gives as a gift to whoever he can.
Just like the title itself it is indeed a great gift to have this book in your house and read it as it reminds us of the wonderful gifts that we possess.
So sit back, relax and enjoy with your favorite coffee
Just a brief outline of the book
- The Gift of Work - He who loves his work never labours.
- The Gift of Money - Money is nothing more than a tool. It can be a force for good, a force for evil, or simply be idle.
- The Gift of Friends - It is a wealthy person, indeed, who calculates riches not in gold but in friends.
- The Gift of Learning - Education is a lifelong journey whose destination expands as you travel.
- The Gift of Problems - Problems may only be avoided by exercising good judgement. Good judgement may only be gained by experiencing life's problems.
- The Gift of Family - Some people are born into wonderful families. Others have to find or create them. Being a member of a family is a priceless membership that we pay nothing for but love.
- The Gift of Laughter - Laughter is good medicine for the soul. Our world is desperately in need of more medicine.
- The Gift of Dreams - Faith is all that dreamers need to see into the future.
- The Gift of Giving - The only way you can truly get more out of life for yourself is to give part of yourself away.
- The Gift of Gratitude - In those times we yearn to have more in our lives, we should dwell on the things we already have. In doing so, we will often find that our lives are already full to overflowing.
- The Gift of a Day - Life at its essence boils down to one day at a time. Today is the day!
- The Gift of Love - Love is a treasure for which we can never pay. The only way we keep it is to give it away.
- The Ultimate Gift - In the end, live lived to its fullest is its own ultimate gift.
It is indeed an amazing novel. It's a quick read no more than 2 days at the max. I highly recommend each and everyone to read the book. Its simply beautiful how life's lessons are taught in a matter of 143 pages. I am not sure whether the book is available here in Jakarta or not but surely worth the search.
I hope I have helped pass the message about Life's Ultimate Gift. I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I did.
Would love to hear from you all so do leave a comment :) For those who gave the thumbs yesterday and kind comments - much appreciated.