Welcome

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mother's Day Special

Hi all,

I am back again with another project I created. This time its a special one as I thought of my mother while I made this. I lost my Mother to cancer when I was only 7 years old. Every Mother's day I imagine what it would be like to have her around and to honor and share this special day with her the way my kids do for me. I am blessed to have had an elder sister that took care of me in my growing up years but till today I wonder if my life would have been any different having my mom around. All I know is that she would have been proud of me like every mother is of her child.

I saw a challenge online and thought I would try and give it a go. I assembled a wooden bag, added papers, ribbons, lovely doohickeys and flower and this is what it turned out to be. It can be used to hold anything but mostly I think it will hold fond memories for me.

This is the first view :


This is the back view :


The flower and doohickey view :


The tags view :



The top view 


Well I think it makes a good holder for my distress markers if nothing else :)



Materials
* Prima Paper - Botanical
* Mothers Quotes
* Doohickeys - Doiley flower and Swirly butterfly
* pearls
* Magnolia gardenia flower
* charm
* Jute twine.
* Paper Doiley
* Lace Ribbons.

Challenges


Stay tuned for more :))

Hugs
Mona

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful creation you have made Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful work of art , Mona!
    this is stunning creative :)

    Love,
    yulis xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful Mona. Lovely creation !

    http://jyoticraftwork.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word!!! Jyoti, how gorgeous is this sweet bag. I love the design, colouring and those embellishments are Wow!! Thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolias open theme challenge with your beautiful work. Good luck in the draw.
    Hugs
    Suzi DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful Mona. It's all come together so perfectly and I love your Doo Hickey butterflies on there. Gorgeous colours and so beautifully put together. Thank you for sharing this with us at Midweek Magnolias :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous.

    Thanks for joining us at Midweek Magnolias.
    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mona , that is a beautiful handbag for mother !! Thanks for joining us at DML. Christa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creation! Thans for joining us at DML!!


    Kamer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mona, I love this bag for the copic markers. Thanks for joining our challenge at DML. Hugs, Jeanet

    ReplyDelete